In a further boost to India’s renewable industry and indigenous telecom manufacture, a committee or regulatory body has recommended that the entire telecom network should be powered by renewable energy. The article does not name either except to mention it is under DOT, although a PIB press release indicates that Ministry of New & Renewable Energy and USOF (the Universal Service Obligation Fund) are also involved. This is a progressive and heartening development. We are proud to say we had reported on one such company VNL that had won Innovation Awards abroad for its innovative solar power based rural telecom network.
- Biotechnology & Genomics
- Defence Acquisitions
- Defence Production
- Disruptive developments
- GREEN! GREEN! GREEN!
- Indian Manufacturing and Technologies
- International Best Practices
- IT Hardware & Software
- Market Fundamentalism & Neoliberalism
- R & D
- Sci-Fi & Fun Stuff
- VISTAS BHARAT
- Report of the Forum on High-Tech Defence Innovation
- Programme 5th Meeting of Forum on High-Tech Defence Innovation
- NEED FOR NETWORK OF DEFENCE ACQUISITIONS, TECHOLOGY CUM R&D UNIVERSITIES IN INDIA
- Science and Technology for the Society
- US report on the Impact of Defence Offsets on Its Defence Industrial Base
vistasbharat on Report of the Forum on High-Te… Avi Das on Report of the Forum on High-Te…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Copyright.Smita Purushottam and VISTAS-भारत (2014). Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Smita Purushottam/ approved blog authors and VISTAS-भारत with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.